Global land cover for the forest management
The forests cover 1/3 part of the Earth and supply humanity with oxygen. That’s why it is vital to protect them from illegal cutting and monitor the legal deforestation process, forest fires, and other processes caused by climate change.
Visicom produces the geospatial layers of forests through vegetation recognition technology based on middle or high-resolution satellite images, depending on the territory and project goals. We use our image processing technology containing data semantic segmentation, vegetation extraction, detection of the changes, geospatial analysis, and deforestation calculation.
- Creation and maintenance of the forest fund database;
- Monitoring and planning of deforestation and new planting
- Assessment of the consequences of floods
- Assessment of the effects of forest fires
- Observation of parks in cities
- National (resolution 10m)
- Regional (resolution 5m)
- City (resolution 1,5m)
- Local (resolution 0,3-0,5m)
Learn more about FORESTRY INFRASTRUCTURE MAPPING
or download the Case Study: Forests Management: “Deforestation Assessment”